- The contract of tenancy for Inverlounin House is between the owner (Sheila Jennett) and the hirer.
- The tenancy gives the hirer and his party the right as Tenants to occupy the property for a holiday within the meaning of Schedule 1 paragraph 9 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. The property is not available for weddings or parties without the prior consent of the owner.
- The property or any part thereof must not be sub let. Substitute guests will not be accepted for any reason.
- The number of people occupying the property must not exceed 9 (10 if one of your party is under 2 yrs)
- You may not arrive before 4pm on your first day of your stay and you must leave before 10am on your last.
- Pets are not allowed except by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Smoking is not permitted in Inverlounin House.
- You are expected to refrain from causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours (including those on the opposite side of Loch Goil)
- You must be aware of the presence of the Inverlounin Burn and other streams, waterfalls that surround the property and the danger they pose together with the tidal waters of Loch Goil itself to young children
When a booking is made more than 6 weeks before the tenancy is due to commence, a deposit of £300 must be paid to confirm the booking. If a booking is made 6 weeks or less before the tenancy is due to commence, the full rent, together with any additional charges (including a £250 refundable householder damage deposit), must be paid at the time the booking is made.
Balance of Rental
Once a booking has been accepted, the hirer must pay the balance of rental, together with any additional charges (including a £250 refundable householder damage deposit), 7 weeks before the tenancy commences. If the balance has not been paid by this time the owner reserves the right to cancel the booking in which case a cancellation charge will apply. The owner is not obliged to send reminders – the date on which the balance is due is clearly stated on the Booking Confirmation.
The owner is not VAT registered and VAT is not payable.
Preferred payment method is by direct electronic transfer to the owners bank (details on booking form). Alternatively cheques payable to S M Jennett will be accepted. All payments are to be in UK pounds sterling only. Any charges imposed on the owner for handling dishonoured cheques or other payments will be passed on to the client who will be liable to pay these charges within 7 days.
Authority to sign
The person completing the booking form certifies that:
- He / she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those who may be added / substituted at a later date.
- He / she is over 21 years of age and is a member of the party intending to occupy the property.
- He / she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
Bookings from the following will not be accepted without prior consent from the owner:
- Groups of single persons under the age of 25
- Groups of all male or all female parties of 6 or more persons.
The Tenancy Agreement
The tenancy starts at 4pm on the first day of the tenancy and terminates at 10am on the final day of the tenancy. The tenancy period cannot be extended without the permission of the owner. Tenants will be liable for any cost incurred by an unauthorised extension.
All sheets, towels, drying up cloths etc are provided; but are for use in Inverlounin House only. Towels and rugs for picnicking, the beach etc are to be provided by the tenants.
Reasonable use of electricity, gas and heating are all included in the rent. Free logs and kindling provided for burning on the open fire.
Dogs may be allowed, but only by prior arrangement with the owner. They must be kept under strict control, and are not allowed beyond the rear lobby (slate floor areas). They must not be left unattended in the property. You are welcome to walk them in the nearby paths which may contain livestock; but please make sure that your dog does not disturb them. The owner accepts no responsibility for the safety of your dog or for damage they may cause to third parties or their property.
The Tenant’s Obligations
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay.
- To allow the owner or their contractors reasonable access to the property (eg for essential maintenance) This is unlikely to happen, and if it does we shall give you as much warning as possible.
- Not to exceed the number of people shown on the booking form, and not to transfer the possession of the property or share it with anyone not shown on the Booking Form.
- To notify the owner prior to the commencement of the tenancy of any changes to party numbers.
- To not cause undue noise or disruption or become a nuisance to neighbours and specifically to observe the maximum 20mph speed limit on the single track access road to the house.
Loss or Damage
When you book, you agree to indemnify the owner against all loss and damage arising (including unreasonable amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents caused by yourself or any members of your party. Any breakages must be paid for.
Inverlounin Burn and Loch Goil
The property is surrounded by water being bounded by a sea wall to the west and by the Inverlounin Burn to the north and other streams and waterfalls to the east and south. Particular care must be taken to keep children away unless they are under the constant and careful supervision of an adult. The owner will accept no liability in the event of an accident howsoever caused.
The one mile single track road to the house from Lochgoilhead village is a privately owned and maintained road. The road is maintained in good condition for general use and access by a normal family car between March and November but it is not subject to gritting or snow clearing during the winter months. The owner does not accept any liability for any limitations to access caused by weather conditions or for any accidents howsoever caused.
You may walk around the paths, adjacent Forestry roads and hills. It must be understood that there are limited made up and maintained paths and some areas hold cattle and sheep. Please close all gates. The owner does not accept liability for any accidents howsoever caused.
In the event you cancel your holiday, effort will be made by the owner to re-let. If a substitute cannot be found you agree responsibility for paying the period of rental booked. You are requested to take out your own holiday insurance.
We may cancel a booking at any time before the date on which it commences. We would expect only to do this for essential building work or for some other reason unforeseen by us at the time your booking was accepted. In the unlikely event of this happening we shall refund in full the monies received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability beyond this.
Refundable Householder Deposit
Unless there has been damage, or unreasonable amounts of cleaning have been required, the Householder (damage) Deposit will be returned generally by refund to the credit card used for the booking deposit, and exceptionally by cheque, within ten days of the tenancy finishing.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contract is deemed to have been made at Inverlounin House, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow, Scotland PA24 8AH. The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by Scot’s Law. The Clients and the Tenants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.