This notice explains what information I collect, when I collect it and how I use this. During the course of my activities, I will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and I recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how I will handle your information.
Who am I?
Peter Jennett, 21 Westbourne Crescent, Bearsden Glasgow, including: trading as PJC, acting as POA for Sheila Jennett and acting jointly with Marian Borde.
I take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the [Data Protection Act of 1998] and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25 May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
I am notified as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA437220 and I am the data controller of any personal data that you provide to me.
Any questions relating to this notice and my privacy practices should be sent to me at the above address or by email to email@example.com
How I collect information from you and what information I collect
I collect information about you:
- when you become a tenant, request services/repairs, enter in to a tenancy agreement with myself howsoever arising or otherwise provide me with your personal details;
- from your arrangements to make payment to me (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information).
I collect the following information about you:
- Telephone number;
- email address;
- National Insurance number;
- Next of kin;
- Employment details
- Passport details
I may receive the following information from third parties:
- benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit;
- payments made by you to me;
- complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with me, including information obtained from Police Scotland;
- reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour.
Why I need this information about you and how it will be used
I need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform my obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of my contract with you;
- to enable me to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable me to respond to your repair request, and any complaints made;
- to analyse and collect so that I can administer, support and improve and develop my business and the services I offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to my suppliers which may affect you;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of my operations and business as a landlord; and
- to contact you for your views on my products and services.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to me will be treated by me as confidential and will be processed only by me and any third party, acting on my behalf, within the UK/EEA. I may disclose your information to other third parties who act for me for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- if I enter into a joint venture with or merge with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to my new business partners or owners;
- if I instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- if I am investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, local authority departments, the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- if I am updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and the local authority);
- if I am investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, the local authority and the Department for Work & Pensions;
- if I am conducting a survey of my products and/or services, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results;
- for the purposes of taxes, your information may be disclosed to HMRC;
Unless required to do so by law, I will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to me without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and the European Economic Area. (EEA)
When you give me information I take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
Electronic records are kept only on my personal un-networked PC and the relevant folders are appropriately password protected and/or encrypted such that only I have access to them.
Any hard copies are held in identifiable labelled files and secured within a lockable cabinet at my home office base.
How long I will keep your information
I will only hold your data for the period up to six months beyond the end of the tenancy agreement, thereafter retaining only contact details and then only with your express agreement.
I review my data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (I may be legally
required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract I have
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by me in my records;
- require me to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to me to delete what personal data of yours I hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from me.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, I would ask that you contact me to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the ICO in relation to my use of your information. The ICO’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
The accuracy of your information is important to me – please help me keep my records updated by informing me of any changes to your email address and other contact details.